You want to know the list of compulsory documents to be remitted for the sale of an apartment in a condominium ? Haussmann Real Estate give you the answer.
List of compulsory documents :
- Condominium rules and division description and their eventual modification published at the mortgage registry
- Minutes of General Meetings of the last 3 years
- The condominium maintenance hand book
- A certificate mentioning the surface of the unit private part and the habitable surface
If all the above-mentioned documents ( list to be specified by the Notary ) are not annexed to the preliminary agreement or given to the buyer by the seller or the Notary, the start of the 10 days legal retraction (cooling off period) will be extended to the day following the remittance of all the missing documents.
Other necessary documents
- The title deed, the contact numbers of the Notary and the «syndic» (the company managing your building)
- Habitation tax and land tax
- The type of collective heating (gas, fuel…) – description of the installation system
- Documents related to works in case of modification of the unit external aspect or when some condominium units where divided or united
The compulsory technical file
Several documents are compulsory and need to be annexed to the preliminary agreement and the sale’s contract. It is highly recommended to the owners to prepare this file at the time they decide to sell their house or flat.
- A certificate of internal surface (Loi Carrez).
- Energy performance diagnostic (DPE), showing the consumed energy related to the type of heating and the isolation of the house or This document is valid 10 years.
- A document showing the presence or absence of termites effected during the last six months before the sale.
- The buyer is informed about natural, technological or seismic risks when the property is located in a zone covered by a plan for prevention of such risks :
- Lead diagnostic if the house or residence was built before 1949.
- Asbestos diagnostic if the constructor permit was given before the 1st of July 1997.
- Gas installation diagnostic if installed more than 15 years ago. Validity 3 years.
- Electricity installation diagnostic if installed more than 15 years ago.